My pantry was going crazy so I decided to give it a once over and see what I could make for dinner. That's how this super easy Mexican Cheesy Rice Casserole cam about. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes, divided
- 1 14 oz can whole black beans or any you have on hand
- 1 14 oz can nacho cheese, divided
- 4 cups cooked rice
- black olives
- green onions, sliced
- sour cream
1) heat oven to 375F. Butter a 9x11" casserole dish and set aside.
2)Heat oil over high heat in a non stick skillet until shimmering. Add beef and brown until no longer pink.
3) sprinkle taco seasoning on beef and mix well. Add water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
4) add tomatoes and beans, mix well.
5) add 3/4 of the cheese
6) add rice and mix through
7) pour mixture into casserole dish
8) spread remaining cheese on top of casserole. garnish with black olives
9) bake for 30 minutes
10) sprinkle with green onions. Serve with sour cream.