|Sous vide Trout with crispy skin and herb breaded zucchini with goat cheese|
We all face the same challenges - fast, easy and TASTY weeknight meals. I've made my life simple by relying on my Sous Vide Supreme Demi to make cooking proteins a no fuss operation but I do like having a fresh component on my dish. I generally saute or roasted a veg - kale, spinach, brocolini, etc.
More often than not zucchini makes it on my plate. It's mild flavor that goes with everything, it cooks quickly with a minimum of oil, and it comes in convenient size options - no leftover leaves hanging around. 1 zucchini does the trick for my 2 person household!
I generally chop it up and saute with some garlic. But sometimes you want to be a little fancy and it is still very simple and adds only a little of prep time to the overall cooking.
Zucchini with Herbed Breadcrumbs and Goat Cheese
- 1 tsp of oil (canola, olive oil - anything neutral)
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (1.5 inch chunks, rounds, or half moons - whatever you want)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 sprigs of thyme, picked and minced
- 0.25 cup parsley, picked and minced
- 0.25 cup breadcrumbs (panko or regular)
- 1 oz goat cheese (chevre)
- Heat oil in a sautee pan large enough to hold zucchini in 1 layer until oil is 375°
- Toss and stir the zucchini in the oil. The zucchini should sizzle moderately when placed in pan. Arrange the pieces so it's in 1 layer in the pan. Salt and pepper to taste. Leave and let it get all nice and browned. Flip each piece and let that side brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss in garlic slices and stir. Keep stirring so the garlic doesn't burn.
- Once the garlic is lightly browned, put it thyme, parsley and breadcrumbs. Stir, stir, stir so that the breadcrumbs brown evenly.
- As soon as most of the breadcrumbs look tan, turn off heat and continue to stir and let the breadcrumbs brown even more.
- Either let the mixture cool or turn out into a serving dish
- Crumble goat cheese on top and give it one last stir to mix the cheese throughout