No Mayo Tuna Salad
For me, tuna salad is pretty basic. I always buy chunk light tuna (lower in mercury than albacore) in oil (more flavor). But of course oil packs in a lot of calories and is not a viable option during Fast Days. Also the mayo really kicks tuna out of contention for Fast Days.
Today, I thought I'd use my lovely left over homemade cilantro dip and the usual fixings. The mix turned out pretty dry so I added a few more scoops of my favorite Mountain High Original Plain Yogurt. I was hoping to keep this dish to 210 calories but the yogurt kicked it over the fence - so sad.
After polishing off this whole batch, I am weirdly full and not full at the same time. I think it's the lack of carbs.
|pretty little tuna salad wrap|
No May Tuna Salad - 244 calories
- 1 can (7 oz) tuna in water, drained (150 calories)
- 38 g celery, diced (5 calories)
- 40 g Homemade Cilantro Dip (26 calories)
- 50 g Full Fat Yogurt (38 calories)
- 1 T Sirracha sauce or other hot sauce (10 calories)
- 4 g capers ( 2 calories)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 77 g Romaine Lettuce leaves ( 13 calories)
- Drain tuna
- Mix together all ingredients, except lettuce
- Place in the tuna mixture on the romaine leaves
Lessons learned: I will not make this on a fast day ever again
- Subbing yogurt for mayo here was not too bad - good sub
- This was not worth the calories
- Even with the additional yogurt, this was DRY
- I miss my tuna packed in oil